Monday, August 31, 2009

IMPORTANT: For First time IAS students

Before finalising your optionals I would like you to also look at date sheet of previous years. Reason being subjects like Geography and History are on consecutive days. You might not realise at this point of time but writing 4 papers (2 each of both subjects)in 2 days would be very challenging. So do keep this in my mind whether your subjects would be on consecutive days or not. I am not saying that you should not take optionals which r on consecutive days but my idea is just to let you know that you wont be getting ny time for preparation for your next optional and also you need to be mentally prepared for attempting 4 papers in 2 days and 1200 marks.

10 comments:

G S Pillai said...

could you please provide a link to last years exam schedule?

The work that you do here in this blog is highly appreciated.

Thanks and regards.

Dr Gopukrishnan Pillai

Unknown said...

hi..vinay ..wat r ur optionals for mains?

Vinay said...

Hi Hema,
My optionals are History and Pub ad

Unknown said...

hey vinay can u tell how to prepare for gs sumparticular matter or notes or bookscomoic

Unknown said...

hi vinay...hru?How r u preparing for Pub ad mains..which al books r u refering becuase even i hav chosen same optionals.

Vinay said...

Hi Aman,
I think you havent read my previous posts. They would give you a good idea how to prepare for GS. In case of any particular query regarding any topic feel free to ask me.

Vinay said...

Hi Hema, i am reading Mohit Bhattacharya and Avasthi and Maheshwari for Paper 1 and Rajni Goyal and Avesthi and Avesthi for Paper 2. I am also refering vajiram notes for some topics.

Ray said...

hi vinay...
remember me??? how r u..grt to know uve gotten through the pre's, i hope u crack the exam this yr...
grt job ur doing keep it up..
let me know ur phone no and wen ud b a lil free as i wanted to ask u a few things since both r optionals r the same...
catch u soon
cheers
ray

nanditha tm said...

thanks for the info vinay..i will be taking up exam in 2011, had thot taking up history and geography.Good tht you gave hint before..

Unknown said...

Vinay I dont think one should take care of the dates while deciding for the subjects, when one is expected to be a scholar of that particular subject by UPSC then, I guess scholars should not worry about the dates rather it should be the interest in a particular subject that should drive you.